After starting my blog I realised how important taking good pictures are in terms of quality of posts. I had purchased a digital SLR camera previously hoping to take better pictures of my kids. 2 weeks ago I came across Clickin' Moms.
ClickinMoms is a closed private forum for mothers to share their experiences in photography. It is a great forum for a beginner photographer, a hobbyist, and even advanced photographers. There is a great community there who are so helpful. There are great resources to teach you how to get your camera off of AUTO and into manual mode. The best part about it is that it is a private forum so you don't have to worry about your pictures being stolen or way too many people seeing pictures of your kids. Only members have access to the forum.
Inside the forum you will find tutorials, product reviews, contests, inspiration, group picture play (where you put a picture up and members edit the picture for you), challenges and more.
I was a bit hesitant to join since it wasn't a free forum and because I wasn't sure if I was ready to take the plunge into spending more time with digital photography. Having a blog and being a mom really takes up a lot of my time but after reading the many great reviews I took the plunge and purchased a membership. I have only been there 2 weeks and have yet to go through all the rich information shared there but I have made a goal to read at least one tutorial a week.
The atmosphere is very warm, friendly, and helpful. I have also started a photography course here in South Africa. It is a 5 week course which I am so excited about. Watch my pictures in the next few months to see how I hopefully progress and learn to take better , sharper pictures.
Since Clickin' Moms currently has a coupon code and since I know that a lot of my readers are moms and some bloggers themselves I thought I'd let you guys know about it as I am very happy there and very eager to learn more about my camera. It'd be great if we can learn to use our cameras together and take better pictures of our children that we can look back on many years from now and be proud of.
To Join: Click the image or click here: Clickin' Moms
Use Discount code: "FRIEND" at checkout to receive 10% off your subscription.
Coupon code expires March 31, 2010.

In the upcoming weeks I will do another post about my progress there.
Oh, and for my blog I have been using my point and shoot recently. You can definitely see which pictures were taken with my SLR and which were taken with my point and shoot. I am going to try my best to take pics mostly with my SLR now.
I have yet to put up a picture that I shot in manual mode and without a flash until now, here is one of my first pictures:

It definitely would have been better with only my son in the image but hey I was too busy working with my settings to actually check who popped up into the pic lol.
Here is precious picture of my baby girl(not shot on manual and with a flash):

I can't wait to look back on these pictures in the next few months and see how much I've learned ...
I hope you have an amazing day today!
If you join Clickin' Moms please let me know so I can look for you there ;)








2 comments:
lovely photos! I also like to take pictures of my girls,they grow so fast and it's nice to have souvenirs of their development.
have a great day!
I need to put more time into developing my photography. I've had my dSLR a little over a year, but I haven't mastered it yet!
Post a Comment