Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Styrofoam Spider



Styrofoam spiders are fun and quick to make!
Materials Needed: 3" Strofoam balls, black paint (I used acrylic since i didnt have any black tempera), black pipe cleaners, glue, googly eyes.


With a Knife cut a piece off the bottom of a ball so it sits flat.

Cut pipe cleaners in half.

Paint your styrofoam balls black and wait to dry.
When dry stick the pipe cleaners into the balls. (4 pipe cleaners per side.)
Since I did not have 3" styrofoam balls I just trimmed my pipe cleaners afterwards so the legs weren't too long.


Glue on google eyes and with a red marker.. or red paint... make a mouth. (We used puffy paint.)


When dry you can stick a needle through the body (in and out) with a thread and hang it up onto a ceiling as a pretty decoration.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

2 comments:

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

What a wonderful project. Maybe if I find some styrofoam balls in the craft store, I'll try it out. Thanks for the suggestion.

Laura said...

I HATE spiders, but those are pretty cute and look easy to make.

I gave you an award. You can pick it on my blog.

http://ziggysblogs.blogspot.com

Blog Widget by LinkWithin