Thursday, August 27, 2009

A Snowy Winter Scene



Since winter is almost over here we created a winter scene... (although we don't get snow unfortunately).
I found a tutorial for making this online but I completely forgot to save which website I found it from. How do you guys organise which project came from which website?

Anyway, heres how we did it:



Materials: Green colored rice (made the same way as colored salt), cotton balls, qtip, blue cardstock or board paper, glue, scissors, yellow construction paper (for sun).

Add Glue for trees. I helped deen make glue triangles with the glue and then he rubbed the glue around with a qtip.

Sprinkle Rice over the glue and shake off excess rice into a bowl or some sort.

Add glue to bottom of paper to add snow (cotton wool).


Cut a sun out of construction paper and place on paper.

What is great about this project is it is SO full of texture.. soft cotton wool... somewhat rough feel of rice ... :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

7 comments:

Susana said...

This is adorable. I love your colored rice too--such creative idea!!

Christy Killoran said...

That is really neat.

RebeccaMom said...

this is a great activity! So creative! Thanks for stopping by my blog SITSta :) hope you have a great day!

Valerie @ Inner Child Fun said...

Oh, fun! I love the texture... what a great project!

Unknown said...

Another great craft project from Fun with Mama!

I really like this one...


Lisa @
All That and a Box of Rocks

Rachel@oneprettything.com said...

Aww, that's adorable! Your art projects are great. I'll be linking.

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

Very cool! I can't wait for winter here - I will definitely try this 3d project here.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin