Monday, August 31, 2009

Make your own Food Picks and Muffin Tin Monday Circus


Here is my muffin tin for todays Circus Theme. Mondays have been such a busy day for us that I hardly have time to create my muffin tins.

For those of you who do not know how to make their own food picks here is how:

I printed out some free circus clip art that I found online (if you would like this clip art please let me know since I do have the combined cliparts saved).

Materials: printed clip art and 1 toothpick , colored pick, or bamboo skewer.

Make two holes, one at the top and one at the bottom.
Then pierce your toothpick/skewer into the top and out at the bottom...

There ya go, quick and easy.

To fit into our circus theme I then printed out a Circus clown activity page from here. (That website is great, there are a lot of activity pages although I had just found it today so I haven't seen them all yet)

Since my son doesnt know how to color in the lines yet I just filled in the colors on the comp and cut them out for him. (hey, fun for me too!!)

Here is how I presented the activity:

Here is our finished activity




I cant wait to see what everyone else created for their Muffin Tin Monday Circus theme!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

21 comments:

MomofAJ said...

What a great clown face. Thanks for the pick instructions I will have to try that.

Christina said...

I love the crafts to go with the meal. I can't wait to do stuff like that with my little one! Great idea for the picks, too.

Angie said...

I like the toothpick tutorial! This for future MTM.

Bran said...

I love his clown face. Good way to spruce up plain ole toothpicks!

MamaGames - Alexa C. said...

That make-your-own picks idea is terrific! I think we'll be using that one a lot... :)

Mandy said...

Great activity. I printed a clown coloring sheet today!

The Activity Mom said...

Fun! Super cute!

Susana said...

LOVE the clown face! What a fun idea!

Christy Killoran said...

I really like the clown face activity. Why didn't I think of that? It's perfect!

Be Brave, Keep Going said...

congrats on being featured on one pretty thing!

and I love your picks!! they are so cute!

Anonymous said...

I struggle with Mondays to, always so much to do. But i love your tooth picks!!!

Heidi Boos said...

Wow! I'm super impressed with your muffin tin idea of simply adding some picks to jazz up the food a bit. I also love the clown feet liners...I had thought maybe I could do that, but then realized that meant I would have to go buy them, so that took care of that idea. ;)

What great fun to add a "build your own clown face" to the MTM theme! Thanks for sharing all of your fun ideas!

Christy said...

Oh that is so funny! I made my own pics this time and posted about how to do it as well. lol I used stickers though. :)

Sherry said...

I love the silly feetmuffin cups! very cute tin!

Andrea said...

Love the food picks! Great creation!

The Oldroyd's said...

Very cute. I Love the feety tins. Cute activity idea.

Dana said...

Cute! I will have to try those picks sometime. I like your blog!

Mommyof2girlz/StephD said...

I love how much fun your tins are!!

mamammelloves said...

Those toothpicks are so cute! Great MTM meal! :)

UtahJenny said...

I keep "meaning" to make the food picks ... so very cute. Maybe now I will! Great tin!

Dee Light said...

What cute little food picks, and I love that you extended the theme to a craft! Great job.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin