Monday, August 3, 2009

Mod Podge - Coaster box

I worked with Mod Podge for the first time.. and boy did I get messy. After making a few mistakes (on scrap pieces) I finally figured out how to not get bubbles under the paper... BONE folder! It made such a big difference!


This box can be used for anything... Its nice and spacious.. you can put your crayons, markers, scissors, you can add flower pens in it..(that would be so pretty!), the list is endless!

Materials used: 5 chipboard coasters 4" by 4", flowers(any embellishments), ribbons, scrapbooking paper, glue, scissors, mod podge, foam brush, sandpaper/sandblock.





I wasn't able to take step by step pics this time because I was experimenting myself and making mistakes so I needed full focus.

Quick directions:
Choose coordinating scrapbooking paper...
Cut them using chipboard coasters as template or in 4" by 4"... Clip corners if you like to make them rounded(i did).
Mod podge on blank coaster and mod podge on paper...
Stick together carefully using bone folder to get rid of any air bubbles that form... Let dry.
Sand the edges so it looks neat
Do that with all four sides then paint over with mod podge (as many layers as you like but allow sufficient drying time in between).
Punch holes on the sides(i used my zutter bind it all).
Add ribbon and embellishments.
Glue bottom piece to the project.


If you want step by step pics you can find them here

I was inspired to do a mod podge project because of Mod Podge Mania. Go there to see other Mod Podge projects :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

8 comments:

Annie said...

Very cute box!

Xazmin said...

I love it! How cute...I see some great neighborhood Christmas gift potential in this idea!

Thanks for linking up!

Valerie @ Inner Child Fun said...

This is great! I have done something similar but with old 3.5" floppy disks (remember those??) Great project!

mamammelloves said...

This is so cute! :)

Thanks for stopping by my blog yesterday! Have a great day! :)

Christy Killoran said...

Great idea.

Amy said...

Super cute idea. I just wanted to say I love your blog! I gave you a blog award over on my site.

Gidget Girl Reading said...

wow i love your blog and that box!

Heidi Boos said...

Love this project!! It would be great for a craft for my MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers) group. I was wondering where you found your chipboard coasters. Thanks so much for sharing!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin