Thursday, August 13, 2009

Cool book tutorial and our first giveaway!


Today I made a really boyish shaped board book for my son and boy was it easy! Let me show you how:

I downloaded this really cool quickpage album from Kelleigh Ratzlaff Designs. The album comes pre prepared, all you need to do is add your pictures and print. I then adhered it to chipboard...
here, have a look at this quick tutorial:

After adding my own journaling and pictures (you don't need to add journaling, thats optional) I printed it out on HP advanced photo paper (glossy)


Then you cut...
Glue cut pieces to chipboard...I used a tape runner and some permanent glue...


Cut again with your scissors....

(Don't forget to glue the backs to the pieces after you cut them out...)

Use a sand block to smooth down messy edges...

Punch holes on the hole marks (i used my crop-a-dile big bite)... and embellish as you like :)

I would have preffered to use binding rings but i didnt have any ... so I used a pipe cleaner and embellished it with a pretty ribbon..

Here are the pages inside:






That stamp is his real foots stamp at birth..



The Giveaway:

Would you like to win this boy quickpage album? Or how about a $4 gift certificate to Kelleighs store?
If you have a little girl, she has this gorgeous template album.


Kelleighs store is full of easy printable templates of boxes, albums, a pencil case, and so much more!

Heres how to enter(Mandatory entry):

  • Go to Kelleigh's store and leave a comment here telling me which item is your favorite in her store.
For Additional entries leave a comment for each of the following:
  • Become a follower of my blog (1 comment entry)
  • Subscribe to my newsletter through e-mail or RSS feed (1 comment entry)
  • Grab my button and post it on your blogs sidebar (3 comment entry)
  • Add me to your blogroll (1 comment entry)
  • Post(blog) about this giveaway linking to this post (3 entries. Add link to comment)
  • Go to Kelleigh's blog and leave her a comment telling her you've come from Fun With Mama (2 comment entries)
  • Purchase something from Kelleighs store. (2 entries)
  • Follow me on Twitter (1 comment entry. Let me know your twitter name in comment)
  • Tweet about this giveaway (2 comment entries. Add link to comment)
This giveaway will end August 28th 2009 at 11.59pm est.
To use kelleighs products you need a photo editing program (like photoshop, photoshop elements, paint shop pro, anything with layers. You can get a free photo editing program here)



This giveaway is now over

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

25 comments:

Kelleigh Ratzlaff Designs said...

This is so adorable!! I love to see how yours is different than mine, and yet both are just rockin'! Awesome!!

2 Worlds said...

I have a little boy so I loved the new album that you made

Susana said...

I would love the one for a boy! Your idea is awesome!! I love the verse you chose too--I used to and still do sing that to my 4 year old each night. I have a different song for each child that is just "theirs".

I like her puff box template set too!

Susana said...

I am a follower!

Unknown said...

Wow!
That is just adorable. You did a great job on the journaling.

Anonymous said...

I love her Pin-Poked Cards Template Set ...these are perfect for x-mas! thanks for a chance

Chic Mama said...

I REALLY like the Maya Road Tag Album! SO cute! What a great idea! and your album turned out so beautiful! What a wonderful but simple scrapbook!

Chic Mama said...

I added you to my Google Reader!

Chic Mama said...

Your button is now on my blog! 1

Chic Mama said...

Button on my blog- 2

Chic Mama said...

button on my blog- 3

Mystica said...

My choice the pin poked template set. Extensive choice available.
Love the book for the little boy!


Mystica


mystica123athotmaildotcom

mverno said...

i like the Daddy's Toolbox Template Set
mverno@roadrunner.com

saturdaynightfever said...

Maya Road Tag Album

edgenemmers@gmail.com

Dawn Reid said...

Pin-Poked Cards Template Set is nice and your album is really nice.

goodwitchglinda said...

I love the fonts, like the TKMouse Font. Thanks! theprophecygirl at hotmail dot com

Anonymous said...

My favorite is the Butterfly Birthday Designer Kit by Elise. Thanks for the giveaway!

Anonymous said...

I follow your blog on Google Friend Connect (Sunny View)!

Anonymous said...

I subscribe via email (sunnyview99 at gmail dot com)!

Anonymous said...

I blogged: http://wut-givz.blogspot.com/2009/08/fun-with-mama-4-gift-certificate-for.html

Anonymous said...

I blogged: http://wut-givz.blogspot.com/2009/08/fun-with-mama-4-gift-certificate-for.html

Entry #2

Anonymous said...

I blogged: http://wut-givz.blogspot.com/2009/08/fun-with-mama-4-gift-certificate-for.html

Entry #3

Anonymous said...

I follow you on twitter (sunnyview99)!

Anonymous said...

I tweeted: http://twitter.com/sunnyview99/status/3628528088

Anonymous said...

The Sassy Purse #3 by Kelleigh Ratzlaff Designs is my favorite. garrettsambo@aol.com

Blog Widget by LinkWithin